Sunday, April 9, 2017
Bad Narcissistic Support Forum
I created this blog as a way to keep track of any forums I may use and that are operated poorly. It's a risk we all take, that things may go wrong between us and other members, but when it comes to a site that is specifically dealing with the trauma of abuse, we trust our Admins and members to keep things smooth for is, not to abuse. Since I dont participate in many forums, I wanted to at least list the one I have had issues with. My hope is anybody finding this will be careful and leery, as to not cause their self further damage.
The following is my own opinion of this forum based off my experience and research. I have a Narcissistic parent and was married to a Narcissist for 14 years. I also have had personal RL encounters and Online encounters with sociopaths as well. I dont have a degree in psychology, but have experience this is based off of.
The first forum I joined was the Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Forum at Runboard.
http://bnarcissisticabuserecovery.runboard.com/
They have a lot of Sam Vaknin links, and he has his education from on online school. This board allows him to participate. They have some misinformation as well regarding. I find this personally dangerous as he is a Narcissist. They in no way should have him participating on their board.
Members offer a lot of advice that doesn't seem correct and are forceful with how they provide feedback to their new members. They don't merely encourage but demand No Contact, there is also a lot of insensitivity on this board from several members. It is also a bit clickish.
The Admin ( I believe) has some serious emotional issues that don't allow her to guide others in a healthy way. It's been my personal experience that if anybody offers suggestions, even in a friendly way, she takes offense.
I had joined this site a month ago and was banned without any real explanation. I was recently flamed by a new member. I had made a post about this, without using names, fowl language or being negative. I said I would take time from the site. I was told my post would be deleted by the Admin after she accused me of calling out in my post. I sent an apology to the Admin. She said "Thank you for your input" and banned me. To make matters worse I was given no explanation as to why I was banned and my emails were blocked from the moderator after I made an apology for a post that was generalized and not personally attacking of anyone on the site, nor was it mean spirited. (In the post I had simply expressed my safe space no longer felt safe and that singling out people seemed against the TOS.) In my email to her I offered a small suggestion to the TOS about singling out people (which is what had been done to me in a passive aggressive way) I asked that my comments on the flamer's post be deleted for my own comfort. My comments were never deleted, and I had no ability to delete them myself.
It has been painful as I felt I found a home, shared so much personal information, and when I asked that my replies be deleted from the other member's post who flamed me, I was blocked.
Essentially what the flamer did was thank everybody but me for their feedback. Some of the feedback was insulting to her, I was kind and did my best to be gentle, even apologizing if I seemed harsh. Others were much more harsh. My personal post addressed singling out people by what we dont say, and showing favoritism, which is against the TOS, and it went ignored. Again no names mentioned.
I have never been banned from a site in my entire life, nor had issues beyond the norm with anybody. I dont fight online, as it seems pointless. But when I pointed out to the Admin, in my own personal post, that I was triggered and felt hurt that my safe space was no longer safe, she handled it extremely poor.
Also most members have PTSD or PTSD-C, that an Admin is that thoughtless and careless with others is a HUGE RED FLAG.
Please be wary of this site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment